Page Seventeen: Looks Like the Good Lord Sent Me a Conversation Starter

I'm seeing dollar signs today. I'm about to (hopefully) sign my first client. The sun is shining. I'm also wearing one of my favorite dresses, my trusty cowboy boots, and I found a great quote in the book I'm reading. I didn't have to wait for a single bus or train today either. We have a meeting with a celeb personal trainer at 3 and I have a night of fun to look forward to.

I love days like these.

Today's blank page is going to be filled with a list of conversation topics that I can't wait to have with Charlie whenever I see him again.

1. The black smudges that fill sidewalks really are gum...my mom told me.
2. I see an electronic sign on the subway everyday that says 'Ozone Park', where Jack Kerouac lived.
3. I updated my quote journal last night and have a couple new, good ones.
4. Writers block is kicking in and I haven't gotten as far as I would've liked on my book. I need inspiration.
5. There is a big poster that says 'Subways are meant to take you home, not be your home', and I think that's mean. A homeless person shouldn't have to get anymore shit than they already do...shouldn't they be free from ridicule UNDER GROUND?
6. If you come here, I'm taking you to O Mango to get green tea frozen yogurt.
7. And I'm taking you to The Room
8. And Little Italy
9. And The American Museum of Natural History to see the space thing with all the fake stars.
10. I gave a lady 80 cents yesterday and this old guy told me I was 'a good woman'.
11. I ate really hot soup the other day before it cooled down because I was in a rush, and now my whole mouth is burned and it hurts to brush my teeth.
12. I'm flying to our Maine house on Friday to surprise my dad.
13. The NYAC has a rugby team.
14. I forgot Anna's birthday.
15. My boss has a law degree but stopped praciticing because she didn't like it. She should give you LSAT tips.
16. Does it feel like everyone's dying?
17. Do you think Michael Jackson was on Adderall? Do you think it's a killer?
18. I'm glad you don't like little dogs.
19. How come planes keep crashing?
20. I like Mary Ho much more now. Sometimes she brings me fruit, which is really nice.
21. Did I tell you I saw Mary Poppins on Broadway? I think I did. It was AMAZING!
22. I haven't fallen once since I've been in New York. A record.
23. I saw fake nerd glasses yesterday, like the ones in the outlets, and I thought about getting them for you but they were kinda girly.
24. You will never believe this! The 4th roommate in my apartment next semester all of sudden decided she doesn't wanna come to Texas State anymore...aka Rach and I could have lived together after all. You can imagine my fury.
25. Did you hear about that guy from Brooklyn who dressed up like his dead grandma and collected her social security for 7 years? Crazy.
26. I know I already told you to youtube it (but I bet you didn't), but the little boy in the Hallmark Fathers Day commercial looks JUST like you. And his name is Charlie and he dances.

That's all for now.

Today's Confession: I singed up on iVillage.com so I could upload my picture and see what I would look like with blond hair. It's disgusting.

1 comment:

  1. you're writing a book? i'd love to hear about it sometime. ps. i resurrected my blog today! follow me! :)
    missed you in the office on this fine monday.

    ReplyDelete