Page Six: Back to Life Again

Last week started perfectly and ended with me sick in bed watching The King of Queens and The Real Housewives of New Jersey. I went through a bottle of cough medicine like it was water and practically bathed myself in hand sanitizer. I was going crazy in my little cave of a basement.

By Thursday I was feeling brave and met my friend Jane for drinks at Blockheads. It smelled like home...Mexican food. I was the only girl on the outside patio with a beer in my hands. Literally. I was curious about this. My Dos XX quenched my thirst better than any fruity, sissy beverage. Girls of New York...get over it, beer is not just for boys.

I, of course, regretted my going out decision the next morning and shamefully called into ABC one more time. Lisa is wonderful and understood my plea in between my deadly hacking.

Saturday night was Jane's birthday dinner. It consisted of sushi in the village, a canolli for me, of course, and a downtown hookah bar filled with men from other countries. They bought a bottle of Absolute and insisted on a prolonged birthday toast...times 3 or 4.

We met up with my new friend Tom and a bar called Van Diemens (or something like that) afterward. Tom is from England and needs to be added to my character list.

Yesterday, Tom took me to the "cinema" in Time Square to see the "film" The Hangover. We both "fancied" it. Then we had to "que" for a little while to make our way to the 86th floor of the Empire State building. I "fancied" that, too.

British Boy Lingo 101:
Cinema = movie theater
Film = movie
Fancy = to like something
Que = to wait in line

1 comment:

  1. Katie Gisi,

    I would like to say that Blockheads is a margarita place. Plenty of New York women drink beer, you just have to go to a bar. That is all.

    Also, girly drinks are tastier. Not that I know from experience or anything.

    Mmmm fuzzy navel.

    ReplyDelete