Page Twelve: Day at the Museum


After grueling hours of doing less than nothing, if that's even possible, at ABC, the weekend came. The moral of the story this weekend was to pretend that my financial status is better than it really is, and to pretend that my alcohol tolerance is better than it really is. I was a big success. I've developed the ability to scope out pizza places in areas that I've never been before at the wee hours of the morning. I will find one.

Since the "semi-legal" bus system that I use to go to and from New Jersey stops running at 11pm, I have to find alternate accommodations on the nights I feel like being a downtown diva. I stay at the New Yorker Hotel with wonderful people who help to sneak me in and beat the system.

On Saturday morning I woke up to the sound of two of my new French friends talking...in French. Even though I was woke up in my clothes from the night before in a bunk bed that looks shockingly similar to the one I slept in my freshman year of college, and even though I banged my head on the ceiling before venturing down the ladder, I still felt cultured.

Yesterday was Sunday and that meant another adventure with the British boy. The American Museum of Natural History was our destination of choice. We wondered until the announcements came that the museum was closing. We saw an IMAX about wild oceans and walked a journey through time and space. Anything concerning space and the milky way and the atmosphere is beyond me and I've decided that the mystery of it all is more satisfying than pretending to understand. I did, however, take a lot of interest in the fountains outside that the little kids were playing in. Next museum adventure day, I won't be able to be stopped from joining in on their fun.

We went to a Cuban restaurant after that called Havana which made me want to sing all of the songs I learned in high school to memorize the Latin American countries and capitals. I silenced my inwardly desires though. On the way to the restaurant, we saw a mass yoga session in the middle of Times Square. Yoga is funny in a dark studio at LifeTime Fitness. It's even funnier outside in New York City.

To all the daddies, I hope y'alls Father's Day was special and filled with hugs.

New York City is beautiful today (for now anyways)! I hope the sun is shining where you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment