Page Ten: Different Worlds, Same Outfit

After a day of emailing potential clients and looking at business plans, my Haute PR boss, Robin, and I went to a couple of book signings. We've decided that pictures with famous people are clutch in this day and age. We're out to conquer all of New York City's summer book signings.

By the means of a brief side note, I would like to mention that I have NEVER seen so much rain fall from the sky in my 20 years of life. It doesn't rain like this back in Texas. I can't take it anymore. I blame my entire week-long hacking episode on lack of sunshine. I haven't worn a swim suit in well over a month and there is just something very wrong with that in my opinion. I get grumpy when the sun's not out. It never ends in this place.

The first celebrity encounter was Wendy Williams at the Borders Book Store at the Time Warner building. I knew who she was and all, but I won't lie, I've never watched her show. You would have never known it though. We bought her book, got a snazzy personalized message from the diva herself, and we even made our way on camera. I gave my best smile and my best "How You Doin'?" and talked about how much I loved her. I had no idea that was her slogan until I got there and all of the star struck women in line were screaming it in high-pitched voices. I think I pulled off my biggest-fan-hoax pretty flawlessly. This is my boss Robin with our new pal Wendy Williams.

In my same zebra print dress and black patent pumps, we headed to the next location. Barnes & Noble. Joe Scarborough was there to talk about his book and answer those burning political questions that are plaguing the American public. He is one studly man. I ran into every single one of my ABC bosses there. I felt like a girl about town or something. I actually know people here! I stood out like a sore thumb though. Everyone else was wearing suits and ties and the color pallet consisted of gray, light gray and charcoal. I liked him though. He is a balanced man, I think and I'm all about balance these days.

I left a little early, mainly because my feet were hurting, but also because I was hungry. I'm not sure which is the better reason. I stopped at this place in the West Village for dinner that is my equivalent to a college dining hall. Finally. I've been missing that kind of familiarity.

My Monday Funday ended with a little over-due attention to my "baby", aka, my fingers crossed book-summer project-ode to the fairy tale and the average girl, some crunches on my fuzzy red rug, and a phone call from a person that I miss way too much.

Today's Confession:
I plan on going out tonight, spending the night in the city, and wearing my same clothes to work tomorrow. The beauty of having two internships on two different sides of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment