Page Eighteen: Once Weekly Madness

Good morning from 2 Penn Plaza! I decided that I deserve a couple minutes to sneak in a blog after stuffing a box full of invoices into envelopes.

I woke up this morning on a tile floor in a student housing room at the New Yorker hotel. Never fear, I was in good hands. Needless to say last night was a good night in the city. Until I got stranded with only my bag of trailmix to comfort me. As luck, or utter misfortune that only seems to find me, would have it, a creepy 49-year-old man in a snazzy suit managed to surface. I explained my predicament to him at the hotel diner until my friends finally arrived and relieved me. After some pointless conversation and pretend intrest in anything he said, I left with some free food in my tummy. Worth it.

When I was getting ready for work I was excited to slip my feet into some new, teal flats that I hadn't worn yet. Naturally, the left shoe is a size bigger than the right. I solved the problem by shoving a napkin I found in the kitchen area of the ABC office into the toe. All better!

Haute PR had a meeting with Rich Baretta Private Training yesterday. He is a personal trainer to the stars and is looking for some representation. I fell in love with the dynamic of this place and would love to see it all grow. We met David Blaine while he was there working out. This is exciting of course, but I have to admit that I was more excited about the fact that John Mayer had been trained in the very room I was standing in. I threw my hands over my heart and asked if I could kiss the floor. Dramatic, I know, but I love him.

I had another promising e-mail come in from a man in Isreal who has created an olive oil based skin care line. He is looking for some rep in the U.S. and my plan is to repeatedly and passionately convince him that we're the firm for the job. Cross your fingers for me, again.

I'm looking forward to the simplicity of Boothbay Harbor, Maine this weekend. I'm also looking forward to seeing my daddy. I'm also looking forward to not having to go to work on Friday. I would hate to see a summer pass without spending some time in the odd, little town that helped to grow me up. This is my first summer that I haven't spent there so I can't wait to see it and all the colorful, grumpy people that I love.

The big city and all it's adventures will have to take a weekend break. It might need a break from me just as much as I need a break from it.

Today's Confession: Sometimes I nod my head in agreement at meetings even when I have never in my life heard of the person they're talking about or the publication they would like to see their brand name in, and I have a small bottle of left over vodka in purse underneath my umbrella.

This JUST in...I don't have work the next two days. Miracle?

No comments:

Post a Comment