Page Seven: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Bracelet

My best friends and I are ripping off the books and movies about young girls finding adventures all over the world. We searched high and low for magic jeans but unfortunately they were no where to be found. We settled on a bracelet.

It's a black, rubber-band bracelet with a circular charm that says "The Oceans". That touching phrase is symbolic of the oceans the bracelet will be crossing in an attempt to unite and bind us over the long and grueling summer months. I even bought an I Heart NY charm for it. We are oh so sentimental.

I started off with the bracelet in New York. Today, I'll be shipping it back to Austin, TX to see what kind of trouble Anna can get into with it on her wrist.

To be honest, I'm happy to see it go. It has the tendency to attract adventure in the form of boy, and I'm ready for a break.

The bracelet has been everywhere with me.
Harlem, the Village, NJ, of course, the ABC studios, the PR firm, the Italian Stallions apartment in Brooklyn, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building.

It's been on the wrist that's held the phone during conversations that resulted in tear soaked pillows, and it's been on the wrist that held wine glasses on Mulberry St.

The bracelet shook the hands of important, fancy-schmancy people and even saw Paula Abdul.

The bracelet has been there to purchase fake Chanel on Canal Street, and it's held on for dear life on crowded subways.

Anna, you're next, sister! I hope the bracelet is ready for TX!

No comments:

Post a Comment