Page Two: A Rare Breed


So I've made a discovery.

I've discovered a new breed of human being, and I found them on 1st Ave. and 62nd St.

The Upper East Sider.

These people are unlike any that I have ever come in contact with before. They are proper and they are dripping in jewels and they drink champagne like it's water. They say things like "how do you know the designer" and "let me give you my card" and "is this a vintage collection?"

I spent an evening with my PR team, a number of gay men in pastel ties, a never ending "flute" of champagne and millions of dollars worth of jewels.

I must be an actress because I held my own in my $5 black button down from the clearance rack. You would have never known that the last party I went to most likely consisted of a keg and a swimming pool.

In an ongoing message thread full of 'the secrets of summer' between my best friends and I, I told them, much to their approval, that I had my bikini on underneath my pencil skirt...just in case there happened to be a slip n' slide.

Guess y'all aren't into slip n' slides up here?
(just kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment