Page Twenty-Two: My Big Debut

The other day I got to spend the night with my friend Jane who I hadn't seen in a while. Besides the good quality time spent with a lovely lady I discovered that she has an extra bed, complete with sheets, a comforter and a pillow in her NYU summer housing dorm. A miraculous find that I will continue to take advantage of...tonight, in fact.

We went to a favorite bar of ours and I was introduced to one of Janes new friends, Morgan. She's a California girl, vegetarian since birth, who wears necklaces with leaves on them. She is 10 on the fun scale.

A couple weeks ago, my friend Janie and I fell into a trap that some studly boys set out just for us. They had some pro-basketball player alter-ego's that worked like a charm. One of them, Shav (Marc) turned out to be a pretty swell guy. The other one, Gerald Henderson (Justin), turned out to be a male stripper. Luckily, the relationships formed were not ones that required 100% honesty or anything, so the joke-gone-to-far was laughed off over drinks.

Yesterday was a good one. A great day. I woke up early to meet the PR girls at the premier of the Wendy Williams show. One of our girls, got to ask a question on-air. Katie, Janie and I were front and center and got way too much air-time. I haven't seen the show yet, but rumor has it I got my fifteen minutes of fame. Wendy had Vanessa Williams on the show. She's beautiful. I would trade faces with her any day.

The whole experience made me realize that the dream I have is the dream I want to stick with. I want to have a set and a couch and a tag-line. I want to do promo's at the end of the show and I want to have guys with spiked hair and a v-neck touch up my lipgloss during commercial breaks. This summer is turning into one big validation for the Texan. Everything I thought that I wanted, really really is what I want.

The downside to yesterday was that I realized how little money I have in my wallet. I think it has something to do with the 24-hour diner Jane, Morgan and I went to. Anyways, I'm going to stretch the last 7 dollars in my wallet as far as I possibly can. I'll use this inconvenience as the start of my back to school diet...something I created with the sole purpose of tricking myself into saving money with a little skinny incentive.

Big News: One of my best friends in the world, Anna, is coming tomorrow! I can't wait to hug my little piece of Texas! She's going to put my ashy, pasty white legs to shame.

Today's Confession: I've paid my last couple bus rides over GW with change and I've shamefully, purposely handed the driver my fare with a little less than I owe knowing that he wouldn't count it. I really don't feel good about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment