Page Twenty-Five: The Chronicles of the Texans

I have had the most wonderful time with my little slice of Texas this past week. I send Anna off tomorrow morning just to see another smiling Texan come for a visit in the big city. I had no idea what it meant to have a visitor. Well, this is what it means...it means you go on a vacation yourself. When your supposed to be working/cleaning/sleeping/saving money/etc...you're not.

When you're supposed to be tucked into bed before a big day at ABC you're standing in the pouring rain screaming your lungs out at a Dave Matthews concert.

When you're supposed to be eating a slice of cheese pizza for 2.75 for dinner, you're dishing out 15 bucks at a fancy italian place on 5th Ave.

When you're supposed to be dry cleaning all of the pencil skirts your mom let you borrow, you're stuffing one in a back pack with your wet swim suit and a tooth brush.

There are stories that will never be told and memories that will never be forgotten.

I played tour-guide like I'd lived here for years. She saw everything.

We made our commute everymorning and discovered a love for Dunkin Donuts coffee.

We went on a Coney Island adventure to meet up with Tom, the British boy. I'd never been there before and I loved it! We got food on the boardwalk and watched "Shoot the Freak" for a while. I will definately be making another day a Coney Island day.

It was absolutely gorgeous for her entire stay, until the day of the Dave Matthews concert. We didn't care though. We wore our swim suits anyways. As soon as we got to Long Island, we ran to the beach that was completely empty aside from the two life-guards, who I'm sure were annoyed to be working in the rain. We went swimming and dug up all the pretty shells we could find, then we finished off our box of Mike&Ikes so we could store them inside. Dave was simply amazing. The theater literally sits in the water. When the tide rose, people in the box seats were in water up to their ankles.

My mini-vacacation was wonderful and I'm sad to see Anna leave! It was so good to have a familiar face here for a while.

Safe travels Anna Banana, I hope you loved every second you spent in NYC...and Rach, I'll see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. By doing all of these things instead of what you were "supposed to do," I think you were doing just that... what you were ACTUALLY supposed to be doing. Enjoying your friend :)

    See you soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete