Page Thirty-Seven: Cheers to You

I actually turned 21 after a couple years of pretending I already had. It feels good, I guess. It would have felt better if they hadn't have asked for an alternate form of identification when I showed them my REAL I.D. for once. I guess I've changed a little since I was 16 with a spray tan, chapel skirt and sweater vest. Actually, let me go ahead and take that as a compliment. Those were the days. So they say. I like to think these are the days though.

I woke up the next moring cozy in my bed with a nice suade Indiana Jones hat that I stole from a hat stand in a bar, bruises and a pizza in my fridge. I have great friends. I have yet to take another sip of alcohol since. But I'll be in Little Italy soon.

I refuse to think that this year was the last birthday milestone though...what about 22, my lucky number? Or 25, when I'm able to rent a car...

Rachel and I went on a grown up, best-friend dinner date the night after my birthday at the Belmont. It was complete with valet parking and champagne. What we didn't ask for was the dumb blonde in the cheetah sweater at the bar next to our table. Her voice voice was at least ten octaves higher than any normal human being and her IQ was at least 50 points lower than the average 7 year old. Rachel kindly asked our waitress if she could be removed from the restaurant when we just couldn't handle anymore "take a picture of me, take a picture of me, oh let me look at it". We sat on the same side of our booth starring at her with our mouths open, I'm pretty sure. Christmas Wish: Please God never let me be that girl. Thank you.

I was supposed to be in Cancun after my birthday with mom, but that didn't work out thanks to Mother Nature. She decided that the Northeast should get two feet of snow and the airports should get backed up. Our flights cancelled for two days, so we gave up on the beach and went shopping. I'm happy, though. Being home is a perfect birthday present and it makes going to New York that much more exciting...so be nice Mother Nature.

I can't wait to be back in my favorite place. It's all I can think about.

Merry Christmas y'all! Enjoy every second of the holidays.

Eat a cookie, hug your family extra tight, thank a soldier and see the Blind Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment